Tuesday 2 June 2015

Rick Hunter's Valkyrie VF-1J

The 6mm Scale (1/285) VF-1J in GERWALK mode.

The box from Palladium finally arrived, and I can only say that it is worth every cent!
The rulebook is fantastic, and I really like the well produced unit/character cards affording an easy and visually appealing way to overview and build your force.

Rick Hunter.

As I scoured through the many sprues included, I realized that was going to be no to ways about it. The only way to start ones Robotech collection was by assembling and painting Rick Hunter’s Veritech Fighter, the VF-1J Valkyrie.

Another view from opposite side, 
offering a good look at some of the tiny decals.

All the Veritech fighters come in three modes (Fighter, Guardian/Gerwalk and Battloid). I decided on the Guardian as my first try at the range. The sprues hold plenty of options, almost to the degree that it becomes a little daunting. There is an assembly guide included, and with a little patience, it all came together nicely.

A Valkyrie in GERWALK mode.

A second reason for buying the Robotech RPG Tactics basic game box is the decals. They are small but masterfully detailed. With some careful use of pincers and a dry brush to position the decals, they worked like a charm, adding the final touch to the model.

The gaming piece seen from above. 
Bases are included in the RPG Tactics standard game box.

As Rick’s wingman I’m planning on Max Sterling, but before I move on to that I’ll be doing a Zentradi unit first. Battlepods up next!

Thanks for dropping by, any comments are welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice painting Sören!

    I have no knowledge of Robotech but the models look cool and I will of course follow this blog with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonas, this is as old school manga as it gets. I think the show aired in 85, but it still has a lot of fans around the world. Check it out on youtube if you're in need for a stern fix of 80ies sci-fi.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a blast from the past... I still have a poster based on the second pic on this post!

    I missed out on the kickstarter, and I am not certain if I will ever buy the retail box, but it does look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's real nostalgia, right? Sounds cool with that poster, I would have killed for that back in 87. I don't think you missed out on a lot when it comes to the kickstarter though. Apparently they had a fair share of problems. But now that it's out, it is really a great game. Rules, miniatures and all the visual fluff around the games is superbly done. It's worth considering!!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely paintwork matey !

    Looking forward to a game at the club

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'll let you know once we get closer. Right now, there is a lot of Mecha in my painting queue:0)

      Delete
  4. Lovely paintwork matey !

    Looking forward to a game at the club

    ReplyDelete